Tuesday, October 5, 2010

World Teacher's Day


Today - October 5, 2010 - marks the world celebration of teachers.  The first World Teacher's Day was celebrated in 1994 to commemorate the October 5, 1966, signing of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)-International Labor Organization (ILO) recommendations on the Status of Teachers.

Let us pay tribute to teachers who help shape and challenge the minds of the young, and guide and train them for lifelong learning, thereby contributing to the social, economic, and intellectual development of our nation. Perhaps the most precious gift that we can give them on World Teachers’ Day is to show them that we have become the best of what we can be – responsible, caring, and contributing citizens of our country and the global community.

On personal note, here are the following that I consider the best teachers that have touched my life and left great lessons and insights which I can ponder upon to help me succeed in my lifetime:

1. Elementary - Ms. Suzima Alcantara (Grade IV)
2. High School - Mr. Santiago Reolalas (English I)
3. College - Atty. Alfredo Benzon (UNP Law 101, 102, 103)
4. College - Mr. Orlino Mandac (MMSU Economics subjects)
5. Masteral - Mr. Rolando Ragasa (Management)

Thank you, Sirs, Ma'am!  

But my PERPETUAL choice for my best teacher is my aunt, ESPERANZA TAGORDA.  She passed away last April 26, 2007.  She was my first teacher, she has showed me how to value education.  When I was still 6 years old when there was still no formal pre-school in the province, she wakes me at 6 AM, gives me food on bed and changes my clothes as well.  She brings me to Paras-Parada Community School where I was a "saling-pusa".  During recess, I move in her classroom (Grade IV), and sleep on her table.  After snacks, I won't be going anymore to my class since I hated Math then.  With full support and encouragement, I have completed Economics course where Math is the foundation of all the solution to problems.

In the mysterious equations of my Aunt's love that I have found answers to the physical and meta-physical problems I have encountered in the past and certainly will guide me to achieve success in the future.  

Thank you, Aunt Esper!

On a lighter note, below is the artwork done by my 3-year old son, Vince, for her Day Care Teacher Jelai for this World Teacher's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment